How to Incorporate Herringbone and Chevron Parquet Flooring in Your Interior Design
If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance to your home, you may want to consider incorporating herringbone or chevron parquet flooring into your interior design. Parquet flooring has been hot in Europe for years and this trend is starting to take over in America… and for good reason – it can add a touch of sophistication that can really transform a space. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the two most popular types of parquet flooring available, as well as some tips on how to use them in your own home!
Herringbone and chevron parquet flooring have been utilized for centuries, but now with a plethora of new hues and designs to choose from, these timeless patterns can bring life even into the most contemporary spaces.
So what are herringbone and chevron flooring?
The herringbone pattern, named after the bony arrangement of herring fish, is a classic style that has been widely used for centuries in grand European palaces and churches. It’s composed of rectangular parquet blocks placed together in a zig-zag formation. This timeless design continues to be popular today among designers, architects, and homeowners.
Chevron pattern, on the other hand, offers a more contemporary look. This parquet design consists of parquet blocks laid in a V-shape pattern. Each plank is cut at a 45-degree angle to create the V-shape. Homeowners searching for ways to add a modern touch but still maintain the sophisticated allure of parquet flooring are turning to this exclusive style. It effortlessly blends classic sophistication with stylish vigor, making it one of the most sought-after looks in any home today!
Old Parquet flooring
In the 1970s, parquet flooring made a remarkable comeback. Bold and expressive in style with its minimal planks forming intricate patterns, it became commonplace in homes and commercial settings across the country. The most popular colors were earthy shades of dark brown, yellow and red – adding warmth to any space they adorned.
The new parquet flooring trend
Parquet is making a comeback with its modernized hues and designs that are sure to capture the eye of every generation.
- Colors: With its vast range of captivating colors, parquet flooring has the ability to fit into a variety of interior design styles; from light naturals and pale neutrals to ultra-dark shades.
- Sizes: Another interesting parquet flooring trend is the size of the planks. While smaller parquet pieces are still popular, bigger format parquet floors are starting to take over the trend!
Using parquet flooring in interior design
When incorporating chevron or herringbone flooring into your interior design, it’s important to create a balanced palette. Consider your flooring as a primary color in the room, which can be complemented with other colors and patterns.
- Mix and Match Styles: Trending parquet flooring is now being utilized to make stunning statements while making busy patterns less overwhelming. To attain this, linear planks are strategically placed in various parts of the area as a means of creating distinct boundaries.
- Using a bigger format in larger rooms: herringbone can come in a wider and larger format, making it perfect to create a wow factor in a large room.
- Design strips: Strips lend an elegant touch to floor transitions, making them ideal for defining flooring designs.
- Using double herringbone: double herringbone can be used to create an even more intricate pattern.
- Minimalist interior style: If the plan is to utilize herringbone across the entire floor, it is best to opt for a minimalist interior style so that the room does not appear cluttered and overpowering.
- Wider planks: Smaller rooms don’t adhere to the same rules as larger areas when it comes to plank size. Generally, smaller planks are preferable because they provide a more spacious and inviting atmosphere; too large of a plank can have an adverse effect on the overall look.
In conclusion, parquet flooring can be used in a variety of ways to create an elegant, timeless look. Its versatility allows homeowners and interior designers to get creative with the style while achieving their desired aesthetic. With herringbone and chevron parquet being the most popular parquet designs, you can be sure you’ll have plenty of options when it comes to parquet flooring. So get creative and explore the possibilities of parquet flooring by ordering your free samples today!